Moving science forward
- Physical Sciences & Engineering publications cover a range of disciplines, from the theoretical to the applied.
- Life Sciences journal articles and book chapters feature original research, insightful analysis, current theory and more.
- Health Sciences collections — covering education, reference information and decision support — keep you up-to-date on medical developments to stimulate research and improve patient care.
- Social Sciences & Humanities journals and books highlight historical context, current developments, theories, applications, trends and more.
Research & development for industry
Drive innovation and improve R&D productivity with the peer-reviewed literature on ScienceDirect. Researchers and scientists in a variety of industries gain a competitive edge with access to both historical knowledge and the latest breakthroughs.
Journals & books on ScienceDirect
Explore the depth and breadth of more than 24 major subject areas from thousands of Elsevier journals and books.
ScienceDirect provides me [with] detailed information about my topic in a very short span of time. All the content is authentic, so I need not waste time looking for the verification of it, increasing yield tremendously.
— Neurosurgeon, from a hospital in India
See how ScienceDirect supports the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals by freely accessing SDG-related journal articles and book chapters on the RELX SDG Resource Centre
Features for ease of use
Sign up to get personalized recommendations. Learn about new or unfamiliar subject areas through embedded Topic pages. Keep abreast of the newest platform developments. ScienceDirect makes it easy to discover the most relevant interdisciplinary research in less time with our powerful technology and retrieval tools.
Get the facts
Download a copy of our ScienceDirect fact sheet with information about:
- Key figures
- Journals & books, including open access content
- ScienceDirect Topics and other time-saving features
- Contact details for our Elsevier offices
Get the ScienceDirect fact sheet
Professor Shen-Ming Chen, National Taipei University of Technology (Taiwan)
Professor Chen shares his experience in picking the right quality journals to increase the value of his works and utilizing research platforms and tools to improve his research impact.
Professor Elaine Reynolds, Lafayette College (USA)
A real-world example of the way ScienceDirect topics has supported users in the education market to explore original research, increasing their level of confidence.
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries (USA)
Over the years the Alliance has purchased Ebooks in a multitude of ways, from ad hoc acquisition of titles to satisfy faculty requests to deals for larger collections that capitalize on both breadth and depth of content.
Librarian Resource Center
Get details about subscription options, usage reports, setting up remote access for users and more. Explore a variety of resources to help you get the most from your institution’s ScienceDirect subscription.
Get technical support
Visit the ScienceDirect Support Center for resources about remote access, using advanced search and more, as well as ways to contact our Support Team directly.Go to Support Center